• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP-Banner-Multiple-IP on Plesk 11.5.x

Ihno1

New Pleskian
See at the End from the PLESK 10 Forum : ( One Server with one Master-IP and multiple other IPs )
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?258523

After editing the postfix master.cf : "myhostname=mail.domainIP2.com"

telnet mail.domainIP2.com 25
220 Servername.server.com ESMTP Postfix

telnet mail.domainIP2.com 587
220 mail.domainIP2.com ESMTP Postfix

Port 587 ok but Port 25 is not ok

Please fix it as soon as possible

Let me explain a little bit.
Main Postfix settings are defined in main.cf.
Settings of services in master.cf.

It looks like that you have changed myhostname for service smtpd(587 port) but left untouched for 25 port.
Perhaps you need to define new myhostname for port 25 in master.cf or define common myhostname in main.cf

Bit I'm afraid that it will be overwritten by mchk...
Or you may change SMTP banner as it is described here - http://serverfault.com/questions/307923/postfix-smtp-banner-show-multiple-hostnames
Anyway, you can try.

Hmm...
I've set :
IP2:submission inet n - - - - smtpd -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject -o smtpd_sender_restrictions= -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated,reject_unauth_destination -o myhostname=mail.domainIP2.com

And

IP2- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=IP2 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4 -o myhostname=mail.domainIP2.com

both in master.cf for each IP...

How can i configure the main.cf with multiple IPs ?

Add in main.cf:

smtp_banner = Here Your Lovely Hostname What You Prefer To see in HELO response

This is Set...
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Debian/GNU)

But this is not correct for multiple IPs

WARNING: The hostname in the SMTP greeting does not match the reverse DNS (PTR) record for your mail server. This probably won't cause any harm, but may be a technical violation of RFC5321

Last edited:
Not sure that it is possible to have own hostname for each IP in scope of Postfix configuration...

Well. It is Postfix configuration issue and I do not understand how initial question SMTP-Banner-Multiple-IP is related to Plesk? I think that you need to read Postfix documentation and configure Postfix as you want. It is absolutely not related to Plesk question. Plesk doesn't handle SMTP banners. Sorry.

I've read that parallels works on a solution to configure this into the Plesk Panel !?
Plesk configures the postfix main.cf and master.cf automaticly but wrong !?
Plesk is a multidomain and Multi-IP System !?
Postfix is a standard MTA on Plesk...

Please help us to use it correctly

Hi,
we have exactly the same problem.
In previous version of plesk it was sufficient to edit the file /etc/postfix/master.cf and change the line : « smtp inet n - n - - smtpd » by :

localhost:smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
ipaddress1:smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
ipaddress2:smtp inet n - n - - smtpd -o myhostname=hostname2

That does not work anymore with plesk but that works on debian without plesk!
So i think that's related to plesk...

SOLVED ! ( Plesk 11.5.30 #33 on Debian 6 )

edit /etc/postfix/master.cf

on all 3 "stations" ...

1. For Port 25 :
localhost:smtp inet n - - - - smtpd -o myhostname=my.server.name
ipaddress1:smtp inet n - - - - smtpd -o myhostname=nameof.ip1
ipaddress2:smtp inet n - - - - smtpd -o myhostname=nameof.ip2
2. For Port 587
IP1- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=IP1 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4 -o myhostname=nameof.IP1
IP2- unix - n n - - smtp -o smtp_bind_address=IP2 -o smtp_bind_address6= -o smtp_address_preference=ipv4 -o myhostname=nameof.IP2

3. For Port 587
IP1:submission inet n - - - - smtpd -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject -o smtpd_sender_restrictions= -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated,reject_unauth_destination -o myhostname=nameof.IP1
IP2:submission inet n - - - - smtpd -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject -o smtpd_sender_restrictions= -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated,reject_unauth_destination -o myhostname=nameof.IP2

postfix restart

Now you can set for every IP a correct greetingbanner

@parallels

The Plesk-Panel should automatically, at the change of file, an rDNS query for each IP and there right with enter the names.

Last edited:
So I have tried this for just one of the IPs on my server and in the maillog I see this for that IP:

Code:
Mar 15 12:49:47 <servername> postfix/master[5558]: fatal: bind <nameofIP> port 25: Address already in use

Back