• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

smtp certificates

Noturns

Regular Pleskian
Following http://kb.odin.com/en/1062 i have a question.

We are hosting VPS and are hosting 50 different subscriptions which we do not all own but we do and have SSH access and give support. Recently we have bought a SSL license for just one website to securely send emails through webmail. We found this tutorial above however it explains only to replace a SMTP certificate and not for just the SMTP certificate for the one particular website.

Can smtp certificates also be managed individually?

Hi Noturns,

please have a look at one of my previous posts here in the forums:

Hi GiulianoP,

there is no such option on the Plesk Control Panel for this and I also didn't find a solution for qmail yet. But here is a guide for postfix, if you would like to give it a try and change your MTA:

( Just a note: The change from qmail is very easy and NO mail - folders will be changed/edited or removed, when switching from Qmail to Postfix )

This article just describes, how to setup your MTA with multiple SSL certificates. If you would like to modify the apache and nginx configuration files ( for webmail ), please use the FORUM SEARCH with the words "webmail certificate".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @UFHH01, but i do not have multiple certifications on my VPS. We only have 1 certification and what i am trying to achieve is to tunnel every SMTP traffic through that certificate.

My idea was to buy a Comodo Positive SSL certificate (costs only 10 dollars) for example something called domain.com and replace the default Plesk certificates for SMTP according to http://kb.odin.com/en/1062

Or are there any downsides?

Hi Noturns,

sorry... this is really not very easy to achieve and I even doubt, that you will find a decent tutorial for it. You will experience several issues, one is a false positive answer to corresponding mail - servers, when they do a reverse check for eMails which are not from your initial domain, during their connection procedures... but I will be happy to read your work-arounds and possible solutions.

Back