• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

SMTP Port 25 dont work

Achraf

Basic Pleskian
Version Parallels Plesk Panel v11.5.30_build115130724.19 os_CentOS 6
OS CentOS 6.4 (Final)

Hi

I get nothing when configuring Outlook with the default settings

but when I rempalce port 25 to 587 is OK

I want port 25 to work properly.

thank you

Last edited:
Port 21 is for FTP.

Yours truly,
Captain Obvious.

----

On a more serious note - 587 is mail submission port. Depending on you mail server settings, mail may not be relayed when sent via port 25.

Last edited:
or your internet access provider (at home) is blocking port 25 for every server except their own. Quite common in e.g. Netherlands

FYI: Call
# plesk log maillog
and attempt sending mail via your client. You'll probably see something useful in the log.

(Hit Ctrl+C to quit afterwards)

Here you can read that your Mail-Server is probably (and quite normal) configured to accept E-Mails to send by authenticated Clients via port 587.

Back