• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SMTP problems after update to Onyx

Carbonzxc

New Pleskian
Today im checked panel and i see smtp not working, and im not changed anything, just updated to onyx then following errors at my forums mail logs :

Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 111: Connection refused

EDIT : Checked postfix status but it was stopped, and im started it now it works fine, but after reboot it should do that itself, (was working fine at plesk 12)

Last edited:
Hi,

Had the same issue since the upgrade.

use the # chkconfig command to add Postfix.
Postfix should be,

Code:
postfix 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off

Cant we just add?

Code:
chkconfig --add postfix

I Added Postfix and set it,

Code:
postfix         0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

For now its works fine on reboot.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Cant we just add?

Code:
chkconfig --add postfix

I Added Postfix and set it,

Code:
postfix         0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

For now its works fine on reboot.

Thank you.

That's a workaround because the script psa MUST START it. Not is done as a service alone. The problem is other and I wait Plesk solves it, as clearly i'm not alone :) For me the problem didn't appeared when upgrading to 17. I ran 17 several days without problems from 12. It appeared with yesterday's updates.

@jterry Thank you!

I've noticed this as soon as I upgrade to 17, I think that time update #6.

I added Postfix using "chkconfig" but again the entry disappear for some reason since the Panel is updated to #7.

Last edited:
@jterry Thank you!

I've noticed this as soon as I upgrade to 17, I think that time update #6.

I added Postfix using "chkconfig" but again the entry disappear for some reason since the Panel is updated to #7.

You're welcome.

Hope some one at plesk see this and fix it.

Hello,
Postfix is enabled on system boot during Plesk installation on CentOS 6.
The issue caused by mchk utility - it removes postfix from chkconfig management. mchk could be called from "plesk repair mail" command. To enable postfix on boot you can use: "/sbin/chkconfig --add postfix"
Internal ID for this issue is PPP-27031.

Back