• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP Pulling my hair out!!

A

Anjari

Someone PLEASE HELP!

I am using MailEnable PRO..

For the life of me I cannot get my outlook to SEND mail through the server... I can recieve mail just fine...

I do have SMTP authentication setup on both the ME Server and Outlook the user names and such are identical!

Under The diagnotic utility everything is PASS except for:

Resident AV Agent Anti-Virus real-time protector software is enabled. You should either disable real time protector antivirus software or ensure that it does not protect MailEnable Queues and Scratch directory.

Management Service (None) Status: Service Not Installed Warn

I am using PLESK 7 again SMTP authorization is enabled under the server mail settings and the ME Settings

the outlook error I recieve is:

Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I have raised the time-out in outlook to 10 minutes but still get an error!! Thanks!!

I have read that outlook may be having the issue and that all my settings are fine?? Someone please help!

Anjari

:( Same problem here. I think that the problem is in the authenticasion. I am not able to enable POP3 authentication, and i have also not the possibility ti disable the SMTP authentication. When I set relaying open for testing everything works fine.

I'm having the same problem. Has anyone been able to find the solutions?

I had the same problem on my windows 2003 server.. After using the e-mailaddress as login name I could send mail.

I was able to send emails from my outlook express without any problems earlier this year.. now I am unablel to send from outlook. I can check my email, but unable to send.. I have checked "my outgoing server requires authen...."

Still having problems, I've gone through some suggested solutions which I found on this site. Nothing has worked, I've messed around with mail enable.

I am not having any problems sending mail from webmail.

No doesn't work. I received the following error when I tried to test account settings..

Task 'Mydomain.Com - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

First you have to have mailenable listen to port 26. Go to
mailenable admin, then expand servers, expand connecters.
right click smtp and go to properties and on the smtp tab, you will
see smtp port 25 . Underneath it there is check box for smtp to
listen to an alt port. use 26 and stop and restart smtp service
for the changes to take effect. Then make sure you are using
port 26 in your outlook express. Alot of isp's are blocking 25 due
to spam & viruses. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by idc1124
First you have to have mailenable listen to port 26. Go to
mailenable admin, then expand servers, expand connecters.
right click smtp and go to properties and on the smtp tab, you will
see smtp port 25 . Underneath it there is check box for smtp to
listen to an alt port. use 26 and stop and restart smtp service
for the changes to take effect. Then make sure you are using
port 26 in your outlook express. Alot of isp's are blocking 25 due
to spam & viruses. Hope this helps.
[/QUOTE

Great made the changes. MailEnable said I had to restart Mailenable for settings to take place. I closed the program and saved the settings, is this the same as it restarting? I was unablel to figure out how to restart mailenable. Thanks. Still receiving an error in outlook express :-(]

Nevermind, figured out how to restart it and then it worked like a charm.

Unable to send mail has been an issue for me since May. I bow to you good sir, thank you so much for you help.

Thanks.

Unfortunately hotmail throws emails I send into junkmail. I think it is because I am using port 26. BOOO!!!!

My email ends up in junkmail folder for both hotmail and yahoo. AOL is fine.

Back