• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP Push?

P

panrec

Can one deliver email with SMTP Push on a Linux server with Plesk 7.5?

I am not sure what you mean by "SMTP Push".

If you mean accept mail for a domain and then forward that mail to another server, then the answer is yes.

Qmail (the MTA that Plesk uses) supports smtproutes. Smtproutes allows you to forward all mail for a specific domain to another server.

Tom

To be quite honest I'm not sure either! THe chap who normally does the server techy stuff is on holiday.

A client has asked for it as Windows Small business server apparently only does a pop collection every 15 minutes.

He says SMTP Push just shoves the emails straight accross?

As long as the MS SBS server will readily accept an incoming connection at any time, then yes, that's what he's referring to. Your server would just automatically forward email for that domain to the SBS server instead of putting it into local Maildir's.

/var/qmail/control/smtproutes file would contain lines such as:

domainname.com:11.22.33.44:25

where 11.22.33.44 is the IP address of the SBS server, and 25 is the SMTP port (in case they are not running on standard port 25)

And you will have to remove the domain name from the /var/qmail/control/virtualhosts file or Qmail will try and store the domain's email on the local Plesk server.

And the domain name should be in the /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts file, or Qmail will reject that domain's emails.

Thanks.

I'm going to have to get our hosting chap to look at this properly when he get's back from holiday, but that sounds promising.

W

Back