• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question SMTP rDNS Problem?

safemoon

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.57 Update #5
Hi all,

So I have a dedicated server with IP e.g. 123.456.78 , the hostname of the machine is "malta12345.example.com"
On the server, I also have a domain "mydomain.com", which the A record points to the server. I am trying to send emails via SMTP through this domain.

Hostname: malta12345.example.com
IP: 123.456.78
Domain: mydomain.com

The rDNS record of the servers IP was pointing to "malta12345.example.com" however I was getting blacklisted by matrix.spfbl.net with the reason
"No Generic rDNS will be accepted to name email servers. Register a valid rDNS for this IP, which points to the same IP."
I have now changed the rDNS records to point to mydomain.com (I don't know if that is correct) and now I get the following error:

<mydomain.com> valid FCrDNS.
This IP was flagged due to misconfiguration of the e-mail service or the suspicion that there is no MTA at it.
For the delist key can be sent, select the e-mail address responsible for this IP:

<[email protected]> non-existent.

Is this correct? If I delist it will the rDNS be correctly set up?
How can I set up this properly so my domain is not blacklisted? (emails are landing in spam folders in yahoo, hotmail and outlook mail servers - probably because of that).
PS: My Spamassasin/Mail-tester score is 9.5/10

The second feedback error message could mean that an MX record is missing for the mydomain.com domain. Besides that, a score of 9.5 out of 10 on mail-tester.com is excellent. If that website does not claim a misconfiguration, probably there is not any.

Back