• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP Reject Not Working

B

bray

Hi All,

I have set all my domains on my server to reject mail instead of bounce it in reference to non-existent users. I have checked my rejectnonexist file in /usr/local/psa/qmail/control and it shows all the domain there. But when I test one of the domains it still bounces an error instead of disappearing into nothingness:

=========================

This is the Postfix program at host myisp.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<[email protected]>: host mydomain.com[67.18.38.174] said: 550 sorry,
no mailbox here by that name. (#5.7.17) (in reply to RCPT TO command)
=========================

I've rebooted the server to make sure that wasn't the problem and restarted qmail half a dozen times. Why is it still bouncing me messages to accounts that don't exist?

Thanks for the help,

Eric

That looks like the sending Postfix server replying that it could not send to the Plesk server because it was rejected by Plesk. AKA, NDR (Non Delivery Report), not a bounce from Plesk.

Thank you very much for showing me the difference, I appreciate you taking the time to explain it to me. I will consider the rejects are working then :)

Eric

Back