• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SMTP Relaing Problem with Plesk

J

jallard

SMTP Relaying Problem with Plesk

Hey, I think I found a potential solution for Plesk issue with Outlook smtp. Usually ISP's block port 25 so they won't have to relay outbound traffic. There are two ways around this actually. One way is the email server on your end provide user authentication. The other is to setup the server and the end user to use alternative ports like port 23 or port 2525. I did some research about Plesk. And they don't actually support any solution at all except to request the user to use their ISP as their outbound. However, 90% of ISP's don't want to relay email traffic. That's not a good solution for your customers and this needs to be fixed. You will undoubtedly have customers that want to use Outlook as Outlook Express is not an option. Fortunately for Tenth Tree they were ok with using Outlook Express. They were really quick to accuse Willamette Web as being the problem. But I assured them that this is an industry problem and that this will be an issue no matter who Hosts their web site. I can only make the assumption that Comcast allows traffic from Outlook Express because of it's low volume. Outlook on the other hand usually produces alot of traffic for the more serious user.

How do we configure Plesk to work with Outlook?

Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Jallard

Secure SMTP

My Plesk has port 465 running with TLS (SSL) and that's what I've told people to use. This seems to be the Microsoft de-facto standard; according to RFC2476 and RFC3207 we should be using port 587 for this... Anyway, have them try port 465 with SSL/TLS.

Back