• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

smtp server quit working

P

palle

I have kinda odd problem. serveral times a day the smtp server stop working. after restarting the whole server it's back to work. I checked the log files and someone is trying (unsuccessful) to senf spam through this server. but anything else look normal. now the question can it be that these make the smtp server quit working? i haven't installed or updated anything before this problem appeared. does anybody have an idea what it could be? thanks

This same problem has started happening just today on my system as well. Could this be a Mail Enable problem? I show Mail Enable version 1.73. Any help would be appreciated!

i just solved the problem this morning. ok it is not a mail enable problem. its more a problem of the firewall which comes with plesk. i deactivated it and installed a third party firewall. now everything works fine. :)

Back