1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

smtp server quit working

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by palle, Jan 17, 2005.

1. palle

palle Guest

I have kinda odd problem. serveral times a day the smtp server stop working. after restarting the whole server it's back to work. I checked the log files and someone is trying (unsuccessful) to senf spam through this server. but anything else look normal. now the question can it be that these make the smtp server quit working? i haven't installed or updated anything before this problem appeared. does anybody have an idea what it could be? thanks

2. timmer62

timmer62 Guest

This same problem has started happening just today on my system as well. Could this be a Mail Enable problem? I show Mail Enable version 1.73. Any help would be appreciated!

3. palle

palle Guest

i just solved the problem this morning. ok it is not a mail enable problem. its more a problem of the firewall which comes with plesk. i deactivated it and installed a third party firewall. now everything works fine. :)