• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Smtp Service (qmail) wont start after 8.2.1 upgrade

C

Craig Moore

Hi all,

I have a problem with qmail in plesk. When going into the service manager it shows the smtp server (qmail) to be stopped.

If i telnet to the server is still get a response on port 25 although very slow.

I putty'd my way onto the server and checked the qmail service status which said all was ok. I have rebooted the server with no avail and also restarted the qmail service manually yet still the bugger shows to not be started.

Ontop of all of this, the server is now running like a pig. Resource is all ok but webpages are taking an age to appear.

Prior to the upgradge to 8.2.1, the 8.2.0 was running like a dream - why oh why did i upgrade ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Craig

I ran into the same problem.
I've got 3 VPP Machines where 2 show the same behaviour.

One ist my Test-Machine with almost no traffic. The others are live machines. I migrated them after a (too short) period of 4 days. The problem startet on 3rd Oct. almost simultaneously.

Qmail won't run stable anymore. Without any signs in the logfiles the service stopps. I disabled the Watchdog because in 7.5.4 the watchdog was a problem and cause of the same behaviour.

I don't use SPF or DNSBL and the Mailqueue isn't a problem, either.

Spamassasin prints some messages like "spamd: Day '34' out of range 1..30 at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Mail/SpamAssassin/Util.pm line 44", but Qmail doesn't stop after the message is printed into the log.

Please help!

Back