• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Social Networks module - can someone clarify it?

coolemail2

Basic Pleskian
Looking at the user manual, it says (and I highlight the relevant bit):
Buttons for Sharing on Social Networks

If you want to let your visitors easily share your content on social networks or online bookmarking services, you can insert a toolbar with buttons for sharing on Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, and other popular services.

To add the Share on Social Media toolbar to a webpage:
Go to the Modules tab, select Social Sharing, and drag the module to the page.
Select the appearance of the toolbar.
If you want to modify the list of social networks and sharing services shown on the toolbar, place the mouse pointer over the icon [+] and click the Settings link.
The changes you make to the list of services will be visible after you publish the site.
Click OK.

1. I cannot find the [+] icon. Am I being thick? I want to have only a few links here and choose which ones to show.

2. It seems that this module is for people to share a particular page. What I initially wanted was to be able to include "Follow" links which go to the user's Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest etc. sites. Can we only do that by creating the respective icons only, and including them in a text/images module, with links?

Back