• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SOLVED: Migration and Transfer Manager slow

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Imagine that to migrate 20 domains, you need 4 hours, while the machine sits mostly idle during this time.
(load average: 0.04, 0.08, 0.11). That's what happens when you use the Migration and Transfer Manager on PLESK 12.
It is still "working" on migrating 23 domains. Over 4 hours now!

This needs to be improved very quickly!

I've just used the Migration and Transfer Manager on PLESK 12 several times to migrate

- 3 Resellers
~ 130 Clients
~ 300 Domains/Websites (~160GB diskspace, ~3k mailaccounts, ~300 databases)

from an old Plesk 9.5 server.

While both systems are virtual servers within the same ESXi serverfarm on the same IP subnet -
It takes about 4h to migrate everything, but when I choose to migrate only a few clients/websites at once, it's complete within seconds/minutes - depending on the space used by these sites.

So, when it comes to the Migration and Transfer Manager itself, I don't think is poses any bottleneck...

I found out that limiting the number of SSH connections to the old server causes this problem -- it takes forever to complete.. probably lots of retries.
I had no idea this was happening, until I had a hunch. Disabling my ssh limit to the old server (or relaxing it) solved the speed problem.. Thanks!

It was a couple of lines of iptables I had placed at startup, so that no more than 5 ssh connections can be made in 1 minute..
-t

Back