• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

SOLVED: Migration and Transfer Manager slow

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
Imagine that to migrate 20 domains, you need 4 hours, while the machine sits mostly idle during this time.
(load average: 0.04, 0.08, 0.11). That's what happens when you use the Migration and Transfer Manager on PLESK 12.
It is still "working" on migrating 23 domains. Over 4 hours now!

This needs to be improved very quickly!

I've just used the Migration and Transfer Manager on PLESK 12 several times to migrate

- 3 Resellers
~ 130 Clients
~ 300 Domains/Websites (~160GB diskspace, ~3k mailaccounts, ~300 databases)

from an old Plesk 9.5 server.

While both systems are virtual servers within the same ESXi serverfarm on the same IP subnet -
It takes about 4h to migrate everything, but when I choose to migrate only a few clients/websites at once, it's complete within seconds/minutes - depending on the space used by these sites.

So, when it comes to the Migration and Transfer Manager itself, I don't think is poses any bottleneck...

I found out that limiting the number of SSH connections to the old server causes this problem -- it takes forever to complete.. probably lots of retries.
I had no idea this was happening, until I had a hunch. Disabling my ssh limit to the old server (or relaxing it) solved the speed problem.. Thanks!

It was a couple of lines of iptables I had placed at startup, so that no more than 5 ssh connections can be made in 1 minute..
-t

Back