• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[SOLVED] Plesk subdomains problem

Pattihis

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have recently setup a CentOS 7 & Plesk 12.5 VPS from hetzner. I have transferred 10 websites from our previous vps (Plesk 12) and all looks good. DNS entries are set as slaves in hetzner Robot and in Plesk zones I use their 3 nameservers. All domains resolve with no errors.

The only problem is that any subdomains created in Plesk are not resolving, "Server not found" page is shown. They show up using Plesk's preview function though. I did not have this problem in my previous setup, all subdomains showed up instantly. What am I doing wrong?

The issue on the surface looks like you need to manually add DNS records into hosteurope main DNS. Plesk is a stand alone server admin and unless you slave your DNS (which is unlikely via Hosteurope) you need to add to your hosts DNS.

This is the most common issue with hosted VPS/Containers running Plesk/cPanel, they are normally not slaved to hosting providers DNS.

Maybe you did not read my question correctly. Parent DNS entries in my hosting (Hetzner not Hosteurope) are slaved to Plesk. Plesk is my master DNS server. Domains work perfectly. Subdomains not.

Any more ideas?

Last edited:
Yes. Also, other subdomains like webmail.domain.com work fine. Never had any problem like this in other centos/plesk setups.

After following @PriyanA 's advice by pm, custom DNS zonefile in my hosting provider's panel, while disabling Plesk DNS as slave, did the trick. Now subdomains work again.

I will also follow your advice my friend. I will be getting another IP to run my own private nameservers. Thank you very much, this issue is now solved.

Last edited:
After following @PriyanA 's advice by pm, custom DNS zonefile in my hosting provider's panel, while disabling Plesk DNS as slave, did the trick. Now subdomains work again.

I will also follow your advice my friend. I will be getting another IP to run my own private nameservers. Thank you very much, this issue is now solved.

Because I have exactly the same issue could you please tell me how did you do it? Did you assign only secondary nameserver in hosting's provider panel?

After several hours, fix this problem.

Select the subdomain> DNS Settings.

At the top there is a button that says "ENABLE"

IMPORTANT:
Wait a while for the propagation to take place

IMPORTANT:
Had the same problem. I'm waiting for propagation but I guess your solution was abviously the solution! Thanks for sharing.

IMPORTANT:
This shouldn't be the right solution, in my other plesk server, is disabled this option, and works too!

Back