• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Some rumours/assertions - are they true?

Mouse

New Pleskian
I really like the Plesk, finding it much easier to use than Cpanel, and very reliable. But subsequent to the Plesk software purchase by another company I have heard some worrying rumours/assertions.

Given that my experience with Plesk has been largely positive, I very much doubt they are a valid representation of the current situation, but I guess they just might be, so I though I had better ask about them. They are:

1. All 12.x (hosting provider?) users are to be forced to upgrade to Onyx and licences may be withdrawn if they don't
2. The upgrade from 12.x to Onyx is difficult to manage for hosting providers and their users, raising time-consuming compatibility issues.

I would be grateful if you could give some feedback on these rumours/assertions if possible.

Kind regards

Mouse

Maybe someone from the members of the community will add something from yourself, but I will say that both statements are wrong.

Thanks very much for the quick reply, I am very glad.

In addition it would certainly be helpful to get a community opinion on the second, whether the upgrade from 12.x to Onyx is difficult for hosting providers and hosting users.

Kind regards

Mouse

Back