• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Some solutions to 7.5.3 upgrade problems, and crossgrading RHEL to CentOS packages

PSi_101

Regular Pleskian
After struggling with trying to upgrade my 7.5.2 installation to 7.5.3, I finally succeeded but there were a few gotchas worth noting, expecially if you're having mysql errors all over the place.
I upgraded via the manual method.
Most important was to make sure that mysql and named is running at the time. Don't shut down these daemons prior to an upgrade. Using "/etc/init.d/psa stopall" will stop these daemons so you'll need to restart them before upgrading.
I'm running on CentOS 3.4 and prior to 7.5.3, I was running the RHEL version of Plesk. So when 7.5.3 came out with CentOS 3.3 support, I tried crossgrading to the CentOS 3.3 version of 7.5.3 without problems. The only thing you need to do is add a "--force" parameter to the upgrade command (eg rpm -U --force *.rpm) because rpm thinks the rhel packages are newer.
That's about it!

That's very interesting indeed - I usually psa stopall before upgrading, so I'm very glad you mentioned it. And your comments about crossgrading are also intersting. Thanks.

Faris.

Back