1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Some solutions to 7.5.3 upgrade problems, and crossgrading RHEL to CentOS packages

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by PSi_101, May 27, 2005.

1. PSi_101

PSi_101 Regular Pleskian

57%
    After struggling with trying to upgrade my 7.5.2 installation to 7.5.3, I finally succeeded but there were a few gotchas worth noting, expecially if you're having mysql errors all over the place.
    I upgraded via the manual method.
    Most important was to make sure that mysql and named is running at the time. Don't shut down these daemons prior to an upgrade. Using "/etc/init.d/psa stopall" will stop these daemons so you'll need to restart them before upgrading.
    I'm running on CentOS 3.4 and prior to 7.5.3, I was running the RHEL version of Plesk. So when 7.5.3 came out with CentOS 3.3 support, I tried crossgrading to the CentOS 3.3 version of 7.5.3 without problems. The only thing you need to do is add a "--force" parameter to the upgrade command (eg rpm -U --force *.rpm) because rpm thinks the rhel packages are newer.
    That's about it!

2. faris

faris Guest

That's very interesting indeed - I usually psa stopall before upgrading, so I'm very glad you mentioned it. And your comments about crossgrading are also intersting. Thanks.

Faris.