• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue SOS nginx: [emerg]

orgolan

New Pleskian
I'm getting:
nginx: [emerg] "fastcgi_cache" zone "new.virtualserver.ch_fastcgi" is unknown in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:41

i cant find the problem.

plesk is down

Urgent queries should be directed to Plesk support.

1. Does the new.virtualserver.ch domain exist?
2. Is caching enabled for new.virtualserver.ch?
3. You could manually edit the conf. file and remove the offending directives to get NGINX working.

1. there is no new.virtualserver.ch
2. there is no new.virtualserver.ch
3. which conf.file? i cant see nothing related in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

how can I do it?
I cant logged to my plesk admin panel becouse nginx is down.
I only have access to server via ssh or the files via ftp

i did it and i got:

Repair server-wide configuration parameters for web servers? [Y/n] y
Repairing server-wide configuration parameters for web servers .. [2021-05-21 17:11:28.026] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng' '--reconfigure-server'] with exit code [1]
[FAILED]
- httpdmng failed: [2021-05-21 17:11:27.966] ERR [util_exec]
proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/nginx_control'
'--restart'] with exit code [1]
Can not reload proxy server:

Last edited:
hello @orgolan
there's not enough details regarding errors.
you have to check logs (/var/log/nginx/error.log and journalctl -xe -u nginx )
I suppose at /etc/nginx/nginx.conf:41 some configs included. Most probably you need to find some file in nginx configs with name new.virtualserver.ch* and remove them (or temporary move to some location like /tmp/) and restart nginx.

In general if you will not able to find the reason it would be faster and better to contact Plesk Technical Support.

Back