• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam Assassin - Deception

Output is very big and I cannot paste here.

Can I send you to email account?

Thank you very much

Got some problems - though this command up there told me there were no problems I got the following error message when restarting the plesk-spamassassin (not the one delivered with debian)

Aug 4 12:49:10 h722376 spamd[23886]: spamd starting
Aug 4 12:49:11 h722376 spamd[24111]: failed to create instance of plugin Mail::SpamAssassin::plugin::Razor2: Can't locate object method "register_commands" via package "Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf::parser" at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Razor2.pm line 128.
Aug 4 12:49:11 h722376 spamd[24111]: failed to create instance of plugin Mail::SpamAssassin::plugin::DCC: Can't locate object method "register_commands" via package "Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf::parser" at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/DCC.pm line 221.
Aug 4 12:49:11 h722376 spamd[24112]: server started on UNIX domain socket /tmp/spamd_light.sock (running version 3.0.3)

any clue?

Thank you so much for your help. Yes, you are right. Now it's much better. Only problem I still have is a somewahet erratic behaviour which I couldn't yet understand:

It looks that sometimes the service is up but not working; restarting the service didn't work, then killed manually the process, restarted the service... etc etc and after a while it started to work. Don't really know exactly the sequence which bring it to life. :)

That is the problem that I'm interested.
I don't like maps, it slows down the mail connection and it blocks listed servers.
I don't think it is a good thing to block servers for your clients so we have the maps lists in spamassassin so a listed site gets extra points to be tagged as spam.

you can add extra rules at /etc/mail/spamassassin, make sure you pick the ones for your spamassassin version. some of these rules are incorporated in newer versions of spamassassin.

Back