• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Spamassassin & MTA with Mailenable

Michael Neikes

New Pleskian
Sorry for a probably stupid question, but I am lost in regards of SPAM detection :-(

I do use
  • Windows Server 2016
  • Mailenable Enterprise Edition 10.26 and
  • Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.21 Update #5
For spam detection, I have:
  • enabled in Plesk-Control Panel: Tools&Settings>E-Mail>Spam-> serverwide (checked) incl. adding Text to the subject
  • in MailEnable Management>Messaging Manager>Postoffice>Domain123 settings>Features
    • "Deliver junk email to Junk E- folder" checked
Unfortunately it seems that Spamassassin is not running for every mail coming in.
If so:
  • subject text is added,
  • mail is moved
  • header is updated with
    • X-Spam-Flag: YES
    • X-Spam-Level: ***************
On those which should be marked as Spam and are not I do see at least another entry in the header "X-ME-Content: Deliver-To=Junk", so that I did on top enabled a filter (within Mailenable) where - if this is found in the header - the Mail is marked as spam as well.

I found some articles, that MTA is scanning BEFORE Spamassassin and therefore flags arenot included in header but why isit working sometimes and sometimes not?

Other settings i am not sure/aware about if correct:
  • MailEnable Servers>extensions>Message Filter>SpamAssassin>properties
    • "localhost:738" but test is failing
    • "Bypas..." is enabled
  • Within Plesk and Mailenable the entries for Blacklists are equal

Who can help me out?

Thanks for your help
Michael

Ok just a test after all this:
forward an incomed spam to another ailbox -> marked with ****SPAM*** but not moved to spam folder.

seems that complete config is §$%&/

Back