• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam Assassin ?

M

mikelegg

I'm using Plesk 7.5.4 for Windows and am having some trouble working out how to get Spam Assassin configured.

The Plesk Components management screen says that Spam Assassin 2.64 is installed, but the Spam Filter icon in the Plesk Services area is greyed out! (the help text says 'This feature is not supported by the licence key')

All of my domains have spam filtering greyed out as well.

Spam Assassin does indeed appear to be installed under the Plesk folder but I can't tell if it's doing anything.

I've created and sent an email containing the text from the Spam Assasin sample-spam.txt file from an external account and came through unfiltered.

It's strange that Plesk installs the software which is open source anyway and then says it's not supported by the licence key.

As Spam Assassin is open source, I imagine there's a way to get it working without administering it via Plesk

The documentation is silent on this (as usual) .

Does anyone else use Spam Assassin on Windows? If so can your shed some light on this?

Hmmm....

I do not recommend use Spam Assasin separate from Plesk
firstly you can not manage it via Plesk. 2nd - I've tried it and SA sometimes crash my mailserver... I think Plesk have modified SA to work with Plesk

mikelegg

The main idea all around Plesk is the same as for Red Hat, Suse (Novell), Mandriva etc., - they don't sale software itself they sale integration, support, update for your software. Teoretically you can install Spam Asassin separately, even you can make it works. But time you've spent costs money -- that is what you buy license.

John S. G.

SOLUTION: I just had to upgrade my licence to include Spam Assasin support.

Back