• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam Assassin

C

chris_a@

Watchdog is alerting me around 40-50 times a day that SA is down, my support have told me

'The watchdog logs ( /usr/local/psa/var/modules/watchdog/log/monit.log ) show that the unix socket opened when SA starts gets locked, and watchdog restarts the service. This is due probably to much spam getting at your server:

[BST Aug 22 11:41:29] GENERIC: error receiving data -- Resource temporarily unavailable
[BST Aug 22 11:41:29] 'psa_spamassassin' failed protocol test [generic] at UNIX[/tmp/spamd_full.sock].
[BST Aug 22 11:41:29] 'psa_spamassassin' trying to restart
[BST Aug 22 11:41:29] 'psa_spamassassin' stop: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/spamd
[BST Aug 22 11:41:30] 'psa_spamassassin' start: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/spamd
[BST Aug 22 11:46:33] 'psa_spamassassin' connection passed'

They say there is no way to fix this, I have read these forums but did not find anything conclusive, I did see the threads about the problems with Watchdog incorrectly alerting about SA, but since I have been told this is not what is happening I am not sure what to do.

SA is still flagging a lot of mail as spam, but some get through and I am not sure if that is because my settings need improving or because SA is failing every so often.

Does anyone have any ideas? thanks.

I dont know if this helps, but watchdog is garbage. If you remove watchdog do you still have problems?

actually it is know issue. As a possible solution you can schedule to restart watchdog every 15 min or just disable this service at all.

Back