• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Spam Assassin

C

chris_a@

Watchdog is alerting me around 40-50 times a day that SA is down, my support have told me

'The watchdog logs ( /usr/local/psa/var/modules/watchdog/log/monit.log ) show that the unix socket opened when SA starts gets locked, and watchdog restarts the service. This is due probably to much spam getting at your server:

[BST Aug 22 11:41:29] GENERIC: error receiving data -- Resource temporarily unavailable
[BST Aug 22 11:41:29] 'psa_spamassassin' failed protocol test [generic] at UNIX[/tmp/spamd_full.sock].
[BST Aug 22 11:41:29] 'psa_spamassassin' trying to restart
[BST Aug 22 11:41:29] 'psa_spamassassin' stop: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/spamd
[BST Aug 22 11:41:30] 'psa_spamassassin' start: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/spamd
[BST Aug 22 11:46:33] 'psa_spamassassin' connection passed'

They say there is no way to fix this, I have read these forums but did not find anything conclusive, I did see the threads about the problems with Watchdog incorrectly alerting about SA, but since I have been told this is not what is happening I am not sure what to do.

SA is still flagging a lot of mail as spam, but some get through and I am not sure if that is because my settings need improving or because SA is failing every so often.

Does anyone have any ideas? thanks.

I dont know if this helps, but watchdog is garbage. If you remove watchdog do you still have problems?

actually it is know issue. As a possible solution you can schedule to restart watchdog every 15 min or just disable this service at all.

Back