• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam Filter help...

M

mevarts

Can someone help me with a) understanding better how the spam filtering works with Plesk 8.3 and b) getting it work more effectively.

First of all, what exactly do the Statistics mean on the Server > Mail Settings > Statistics screen? clean, infected, protected, skipped - can someone define these?

Second, I am seeing an average of 70+% message showing up as "skipped", about 20% as "clean" and the balance of them "infected". I am getting reports from the email users on the system that a great deal of spam is still getting through.

Currently, I have the Server-wide settings enabled, allow personal settings enabled, hits required set to 5 and everything else set to defaults.

For domain in question, I have each mailbox config'd with switch on spam filtering, use server-wide settings, Hits required = 5, Delete messages (what they want...) and the rest default...

Is it required to have them go through the spam training process for each mailbox? Are there log files that might provide a bit more insight into what is actually going on?

I have looked through the docs on this and searched the KB and web in general and gotten little or no insight.

Thanks much!

- Max

Back