• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam filter not functioning

grimley

New Pleskian
Username: grimley

TITLE

Spam filter not functioning

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Obsidian 18.0.37, Debian 10

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Addresses, wildcard+domains added to black list in Spam Filter Settings not tagged / blocked.
Spamassassin service is active. Server-wide setting is on.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Receive mail from unwanted sender.
Add addreess or domain of unwanted sender (return address).

ACTUAL RESULT

None.

EXPECTED RESULT

Message to be blocked. None are blocked.
Otherwise, messages to be marked as SPAM per scoring system. Nothing marked as SPAM.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Help with sorting out

Have you tried to troubleshoot it with the examination of Plesk maillog?

Will proceed with same. Thank you.
(It would appear that some of the material that is getting through is being relayed).

Cannot find a log file that is specific to mail.
(System continues to admit mail from domains that are in the black list. Nothing marked, nothing blocked).

(Late edit)
Server was restored from a full backup. Fail2ban failed to run until I uninstalled it, removed the fail2ban directory and reinstalled.
Might something similar work for Spamassasin? (If so, what do I need to delete before a reinstall?)
Thank you again

Thank you.
No "Spam Filter" tab visible for individual email addresses (per the linked document).

(Disregard. Global settings were in place). Gtube test produces a positive result.
Thank you again for your help.

Addendum:
Test string is consistently rejected when sent via an *@outlook.com address.
Test string is not rejected when sent via other domains (i.e. *@gmail.com).

???

(From support. Thank you.) Solved.

If you want to change the spam settings to delete all the spam messages instead of marking them (as default), please note that the Spam filter cannot be configured at the server level: it is supported on a per-mailbox basis only. Then you should activate the option: Apply individual settings to spam filtering at Tools & Settings > Spam Filter Settings.

Back