• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Spam filter settings - Black list - limited to 100?

BurtNL

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am new on this forum and I am quite new with Plesk as well.
At the moment I am blocking many domainnames, since my mailbox is recently flooded by spam.
So in an attemped to stop that I am adding those domainnames to the Spam filter settings > Black list.
But it seems I can only add 100 adresses or domainnames in that black list.

After that it start saying:
Warning: Only 0 first unique email addresses will be added.

I added those names like this: *@domainname.ext, which seems to be the way to do so.
Is there a limit of 100 or do I need to put a setting right somewhere?

Regards, Burt

Plesk has a default limit on the number of email addresses that can be added into SpamAssassin black list. This is because a large number of addresses in the SpamAssassin black list may significantly reduce server performance.
I'd suggest you try to use another spam protection features in Plesk.
But if it is critical for you, increase the limit on the number of email addresses with:

# plesk db
mysql> replace into ServiceNodeConfiguration values (1, 'mailServer', 'spamfilter_max_addr_list_length', 150);

Plesk has a default limit on the number of email addresses that can be added into SpamAssassin black list. This is because a large number of addresses in the SpamAssassin black list may significantly reduce server performance.
I'd suggest you try to use another spam protection features in Plesk.
But if it is critical for you, increase the limit on the number of email addresses with:

# plesk db
mysql> replace into ServiceNodeConfiguration values (1, 'mailServer', 'spamfilter_max_addr_list_length', 150);

Thanks for your answer IgorG.
Since I want to keep my Plesk as fast as possible I will not increase the limit, but I will take a look at other solutions within Plesk.

Back