• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam filter with GUI for users

mparadis

Regular Pleskian
I've been using assp to take care of spam for many years. I have had zero need to install any spam functions on the plesk server.

However, I would still be interested in lowering the number of servers I am running and am wondering if anyone knows of any open source spam servers which can be integrated with plesk these days. I think users would also appreciate a GUI based spam control rather than an email based one.

I see plenty of absurdly expensive (monthly) solutions for plesk but those are ridiculous where there are so many good open source and free projects out there that offer to help people with spam. This is a world wide problem, it makes no sense to me to have to pay extra for something we all need to help with.

Would appreciate any feedback, including commercial so long as it's not ridiculously costly.

Although not really end-user GUI, I've had great success with the use of MagicSpam.

http://www.magicspam.com/

SMTP level spam filtering, very helpful support when required and not stupidly expensive.

It ends up stopping about 5000 emails a day getting into the server, which takes a massive load off Spam-assassin, which is used at the end-user level.

Although not really end-user GUI, I've had great success with the use of MagicSpam.

http://www.magicspam.com/

SMTP level spam filtering, very helpful support when required and not stupidly expensive.

It ends up stopping about 5000 emails a day getting into the server, which takes a massive load off Spam-assassin, which is used at the end-user level.

Thanks for the input. However, as I mentioned, I'm already using assp for spam control, it's open source, free, works like nothing I've ever tried. However, what I am interested in is a GUI based addon which could be integrated into the plesk environment or at least, into the webmail so users can control their own spam.

Thanks.

Thanks but it doesn't looke like spamdyke does anything that assp doesn't. In fact, assp is the most comprehensive package I've ever used for spam. Spam control is not the problem, the problem is giving users a gui to control their own spam instead of counting on the spam server completely.

Here is a better example of a possible alternative.

Let's say that I keep using the spam server but I set it to allow spam to pass so long as it contains a header tag to let the mail server that the item is spam. Obviously, the most obvious of spam will never make it to plesk, only items which would be unsure.
The item arrives on plesk where the user can log into webmail perhaps and see all of the mail, good and spam in their spam folder. From there, they can decide what is spam or not.

What I need is something that will allow users to control their own spam. I can't recall if plesk has any basic spam controls since I've never used it since turning it off early on somewhere around version 2.x something.

Back