• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam Filtering and Black/White List Questions with 9.5.4

amandler

Basic Pleskian
I've recently started running 9.5.4 with Postfix, after migrating from 8.6 running Qmail. In 9.5.4 under Home | Settings | Spam Filter Settings, there are check boxes for Switch on server-wide SpamAssassin spam filtering, Switch on server-wide greylisting spam protection, and Apply individual settings to spam filtering. I currently have all 3 checked. If I uncheck the first box, Switch on server-wide SpamAssassin spam filtering, then I can no longer get to the individual spam filter controls in each individual email account. However, if I switch it on, it appears that all email accounts then have spam filtering enabled, even if the Switch on SpamAssassin spam filtering checkbox for the individual account is unchecked. The icon for every account in every domain shows spam filtering ON. I would like to have spam filtering available for all accounts, but I would like individual accounts to be able to turn it off if they choose. How do I accomplish this with 9.5.4?

Also in Home | Settings | Server-wide mail preferences there are Black List and White List tabs, and there are also separate Black List and White List tabs under Home | Settings | Spam Filter Settings. The first White List under Server-wide mail preferences allows only network IP ranges to be set, and appears to be a way to allow unauthorized SMTP access from specific networks, while the Spam Filter Settings White List allows entry of FQDN's. What are the full functions and differences of these two sets of black and white lists?

Many thanks.

Back