• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spam issues on my mail server

fatpenn

New Pleskian
I am having spam issues also. I received an email from my VPN provider of my server stating that they would shut down my server if i didnt find where spam email was originating from. i later discovered that one of the domains i was hosting had some how been compromised and spam/malwares were being sent from that domain. since the domain was an idle domain, i shut it down and that some how resolved the malware issue. but the spam issue is still around. i have a site which runs joomla CMS and has been receiving alot of spam comments on the site which inturn sends spam emails to administrator. now my mail server is not functioning. admin does not receive mails nor does users of the website any longer. can someone please tell me where to look. i looked at the mail server queue and it had only 9 emails there which i removed but still not getting emails. any suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.......by the way, i also recieved an email from google stating that my i.p address is on the verge of being listed as a malware site....... this is really confusing and annoying....any help would be appreciated.

Have you used the features in PLESK to look for any malware installed?

Server Management -> Extensions -> Watchdog -> Security Tab

@DRY411S ..thank you for responding.... I am using parallels plesk panel 11.5 and i checked server managemnet -extensions .....but there is no watchdog in my extensions....instead i see a Add extension tab and purchase from parallels..... please tell me how to get the watchdog and if u can explain what the watchdog does

I am very new to 11.5 but the tab I was referring to runs a free script called rkhunter which looks for 'rootkits' malware on your server and tries to remove it.

Without extending the license, you can install rkhunter yourself if you have command line access to your VPS.

http://rkhunter.sourceforge.net/

Back