• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Spam Settings Not Available.

PeteSDG

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

I posted recently about disabling Plesk SpamAssassin (because it was marking legitimate outgoing mail from authenticated senders as spam) and installing a stand alone installation of SpamAssassin for Windows (from Jam Software) which allows us to tick the box in MailEnable to bypass SpamAssassin for Authenicated Senders.

Because Plesk SpamAssassin has been disabled we no longer have access to the Greylisting settings which we need to be able to access.

Does anyone know of a way of how we can access these settings again.

If we have to re-enable Plesk SpamAssassin so that we can access the greylisting settings is there a way we can prevent it accessing the MTA? I've read there's a Plesk SpamAssassin COM+ object that is responsible for this interaction.

Hi,
GreyListing for Plesk on Windows is not yet implemented. However, it is possible to manage greylisting if you are using MailEnable of a Professional or Enterprise versions (Plesk is shipped with a Standard version)
According to MailEnable KB http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/view.asp?ID=ME020391

Filtering Options
Greylisting (Professional and Enterprise versions)

This feature can be found in the SMTP properties->Greylisting window of the MailEnable administration program. Greylisting will change the SMTP service to not accept any message on the first send by the remote server and instead will send back a temporary error (an SMTP error code 4xx). The temporary error will indicate to the sending server to retry. Spammers generally do not retry sending an email, and treat the temporary error as permanent, which effectively stops the spam.

There will be a delay in inbound message delivery where the sender does not authenticate, or has not recently sent to the server. The delay time varies depending on the retry intervals for the sender server, but in most cases will be within 10 minutes. Whitelisted IP addresses bypass greylisting.

Back