• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamasassin and Razor

mikk

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Decided to try to improve the spam engine on our server by adding razor.

Everything appears to work fine from the commandline. running:

spamassasin -D < /tmp/testmail (where testmail is a spam email)

shows that it find razor fine in the output.

however when a email is sent in normally it doesnt appear to list it at all.

i have added to the /usr/local/psa/spamassassin/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

use_razor2 1
razor_config /etc/razor/razor-agent.conf
razor_timeout 10

Which i believe is all that i need to do, i have then stopped and restarted psa-spamassasin

Do i need to install pyzor first?

This is on a Freebsd4.x box using plesk 7.5.4 and the 4PSA Spamguardian.

Any pointers appreciated.

The only thing I can think of is that the 4PSA SG may be preventing it from working. The SG overrides or ignores some of the settings in local.cf, I've run across this with some versions of SG in the past.

Any idea what ownership/permissions i should make the razor directory and files so that spamassasin can access them?

I will contact 4PSA see if they can give any insight into why this might happen.

razor/pzor/dcc works fine with Spamguardian. Just make sure the config files are owned by popuser (at least this is the user that is used on RHEL)

Thanks ill give that a try - i tried all the qmailx users - never crossed my mind to try popuser :)

I do seem to have a mess on this server though as i have found multiple installs of spamassasin so this maynot be aiding things :(

I ran a ktrace/kdump on the commandline spamasssasin when running under perl 5.00503

And i think it boils down to the fact that:

Razor2/Client/Agent.pm

Can not be found :(

I think this is due to psa-spamassasin on Freebsd using an old version of perl still

Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this?

Back