• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassasin error

X

xyla

Error: Cannot exec 'spammng --train-spam --filename=C:/Program Files/SWsoft/Plesk//tmp/spm51E.tmp --password=******* [email protected]':
SpamAssassin version 2.64
Unable to train spamassasin: SpamAssassin version 2.64

Hi xyla

I had the same error. Im guessing you have performed an upgrade, not a fresh install. Basically you have the wrong version of spamassassin installed.

Plesk 7.6 should have installed 3.1.1, you have 2.64.

I contacted my server teck support and they got swsoft to fix the problem.

If your using mailenable standard you may want to check to see if that was upgraded. The old version is 1.9, the new is 1.95. Login to the remote desktop of your server and goto Start > Program Files > Mailenable -> Diagnostic, to check the version.

Swsoft had to upgrade this for me too, as it was the old version of 1.9.

Thanks,

Plesk Components Management says:

MailEnable Standard 1.95
SpamAssassin 3.1.1

But the error shows an older version of spamassassin.

What's the best approach now?

My components also showed the correct versions, but it was wrong.

Login via the remote desktop and check mailenable via the diagnotic.

Then open a command prompt (start > run > cmd.exe)

And type spamassassin --version

This will probably return version 2.64 which will confirm its running the wrong version.

I think all swsoft did was upgrade my mailenable to version 1.96 and upgrade spamassassin to the correct version (3.1.1). Im not sure how they did it, or if they did anything else.

After confirming the versions I would get in contact with your server support people and get them to fix it. They will probably pass it on the swsoft to sort out.

Who do you have your server with?

My Spamassassin returned this:
spamassassin: spamassassin script is v3.001000, but using modules v3.001001

Is it wrong version?
(It's not working since 7.6 update...)

Thats the correct version for 7.6

How is it not working? Is all spam getting through?

I uninstalled Spamassassin in the Plesk setup. Then renamed the folder C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\SpamAssassin_old.

Then installed Spamassassin again via Plesk setup.

No errors anymore.

No, Spamassassin isn't filtering any message.

I'll try to do what xyla did.

xyla, if I do this, Plesk will set the NTFS permissions again?
I've set all permissions right, and I'm afraid Plesk reconfigure all permissions wrong again if I try to reinstall Spamassassin.

Thanks.

I tried what you said (renaming the dir and reinstalling) but Spamassassin continue don't running...

I can see too there's NO perl.exe running on Windows Task Manager. As I know, PERL is necessary to Spamassassin to work.

Very strange...

Any news?

I only had promission problems on my email component CDONTS and ASPemail after the upgrade from 7.56.->7.6.0.

These problems didn't came back after reinstalling spamassassin.

Back