• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Spamassasin - query to URIBL blocked

JeffreyZ

Basic Pleskian
Any recommendations on how to resolve this issue? My server uses my hosting provider's DNS. It would seem I have an option to pay for a DNS service, but that appears to be rather expensive option. I came across something about CachingNameserver but I'm not sure if that would be of any use. If I use Amazon Route 53 I assume I'll still have the issue with URIBL getting blocked. DNS recursion is set to localnets - I don't know if that matters.

This is the error:

ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked. See DnsBlocklists - SPAMASSASSIN - Apache Software Foundation

Do not use free public DNS servers like Google DNS, OpenDNS or Level3 for nameservers in your servers /etc/resolve.conf as some DNS blacklists and whitelists will block queries from DNS servers issuing what they consider too many auto clicker queries. This means that some of the tests that SpamAssassin will try to perform will be blocked and non-functional.

Last edited:
Thank you McKinney. That resolve.conf file contains two IPs, both for Media Temple, my host provider. Any suggestions on paying for an IP. Looked to be over $100 a month for 100 domains, from the little research i did. Or other work-around?

Back