• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SpamAssasin

M

matrux

I'm trying to filter out as much spam as I can and I am unsure if my SpamASsasin is configured properly etc. Could someone please inform me how I can test to see if I have a good configuratiON? I see a whitelist options, black list etc but nothing about the rules, what flags what etc like you normally would get configuring spamassasin.

What configuration options do people normally set for STRONG spam defenses?

What about setting up RTL (known spam lists)

??

HELP!! I HATE SPAM!

ART

I agree with phoenixisp. ART is the way to go for all server upgrades.

If you run into problems after running yum update from the ART channels on spamassassin or psa-spamassassin, just SSH in and restart mysql (if you see a mysql failure) and psa-spamassassin.

/etc/init.d/mysqld start
/etc/rc.d/init.d/psa-spamassassin start
(if on a fedora box anyway)

All will be better afterward and work like a charm.

Using the ART RPMS might also upgrade packages which will break stuff (snort for one) so be carefull.

Yes, I agree but ART also has a snort install that works fantastic with our server.

ART doesn't put anything in his repos that break Plesk, inless you setup your yum.conf file wrong. He tells you on his site what will break it. He just about built everything around and for Plesk.

But if you're still uneasy, just exclude what you don't want updated.

#yum --exclude=snort update

Not trying to bruise anyone's cheek(s) here, but ART is the best.

Thanks for adding the exclude.

for those who are new at this:

ART stands for Atomic Rocket Turtle: http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/ - the guy who does all this stuff is Scott:

"I am a founder and was on the board of directors of Plesk. Plesk was sold to SW Soft in June of 2003. My involvement these days is purely as a shareholder."

Yum is an easy way to do rpm related stuff.

http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/

^the stuff at the bottom can go in your /etc/yum.conf

You're a champ ioda006!

I looked for ART's current YUM content in my files and failed to find it.

Thanks for adding it.

Back