• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Spamassassin set for server wide yet puts emails in users spam folder

DanPleskTest

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have only just started using SpamAssassin on my Centos dedicated server running Plesk 12.5. I initially turned on user level spam control i.e. 'individual settings for spam filtering' which gave me the relevant tab in the user's email settings but decided to only use the server wide setting i.e. 'individual settings for spam filtering' turned off which consequently made the tab disappear.

In my mind this should mean that ONLY server wide spam settings are in place so any spam will be marked as such but I should be able to download ALL email on my pop3 email clients.

However, one such email address has emails going into the webmail's spam folder and, I think, consequently the pop3 client cannot access them i.e. they are not downloaded. This should not be happening as the behaviour of going into a webmail's spam folder is only a setting for individual spam settings, which is now off.

I have only caught one email address doing this, the rest seem to behave. I wonder if toggling individual settings on at the beginning of the week and now turning it off and switching to server wide settings only has resulted in certain mailboxes keeping individual spam settings that are still being honoured? If so, how do I make it behave correctly?

Thanks

Dan

Back