• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Spamassin - Spam in separate folder

B

borstie

Hi,

is it possible, to sort Spam in a separate FOlder instead of the Inbox? I have Plesk 7.5.4 with Spamassasin and qmail.

Thanks
Christian

I had posted the same question a while back and have made some progress using procmail. Here are my files that I put into my mail directory (before the Maildir):

.qmail
|preline /usr/bin/procmail -p -m .procmailrc

.procmailrc
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/

:0:
* ^Subject:.SPAM
./Maildir/.SPAM/

:0:
./Maildir/

I am trying to figure out a way to make this domain-wide. I am a beginning, but I think if we pull this together, we can build this to automatically move (ether server-wide, per-domain, or per-user) into specific folders.

Maybe we can get this then into a Plesk Update. Because this is a function that is really needed by Plesk!

I am a plesk newbie, but I believe that they would have to handle most of the processing through the procmailrc. Right now, Plesk edits the .qmail based on the needs of the user (forward, AutoResponder) and will overright if the user changes things. This would need to become plesk integrated for long term support.

What ... Longterm Support? It should be integrated asap.
This is a feature that is missing and is a key feature for Spamassassin.
I think the best way of integration is to include this into a Update of Plesk.

I completely agree. Plesk guys, what can be done to get this integrated! Is it too late for Plesk 8?

I suppose this procmail feature is the need of the hour as Spam increased tremendosly.

Back