• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SpamAssissin and 'trained' spam

iainh

Basic Pleskian
SpamAssassin and 'trained' spam not being deleted

I use SpamAssassin with my copy of Plesk 7.5.4 and take time to 'train' the assassin on spam that isn't detected by the default rules. I have SA set to 'delete' detected spam.

What I have noticed is that I can review mail and find sometimes quite high number of messages marked as in the spam KB and marked as spam (they can show the 'learned' cog wheel icon plus the red exclamation mark for spam). But why then are these messages still there?

If SA is seeing these are learned and identified spam, then why haven't these messages been deleted? Any ideas? It would nice to 'kill' as much spam as possible.../Iain

Hi Iain,

this sort of behaviour is possible if you have not unchecked the use system settings in the spam assassin control sub panel for your email user. If this box is checked then the system settings override the users selections.

Rgds

Simon.

Back