• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SpamDyke and Plesk 8.6

S

Searchlight

Hi everyone,

This question probably should probably be posted in a Spamdyke forum (if I could find one), but there are so many knowledgeable people here I though I would give it a shot.

I went ahead and installed SpamDyke on my Debian 4 server (running Plesk 8.6) and I think everything works ok (yep, a newbie). But what I was wondering is if anyone knew how to actually tell spam was being filtered? I realize how stupid this sounds, but I do remember reading here in these forums about a user that swore by SpamDyke and stated that it had already filtered x,xxx amount of spam emails.

Is there any way to actually see how many have been rejected other than waiting to hear from my users that the spam is less?

Thanks in advance,

Corey

I don't know that Spamdyke manages stats for telling you how many total emails it has greylisted... but if your spamdyke config is set to log, then you should see entries in your mail log that have SPAMDYKE: <and then a message here>. You can see your mail log by typing "tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog".

Hi,

I have a similar setup with yours. What you can do to check what spamdyke is doing is enable logging in spamdyke's config file and then type: tail -f /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog | grep spamdyke

This will show you spamdyke's activity.
Just my two cents.

Back