• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved I am really a noob at this and I completely stuck with installing php extensions via SSH

Woody

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.47 Update #4
All I want to do is the run the script that generates the sitemap for my site, (for now) I have had to quickly give myself a crash course in SSH and Linux commands. this morning I knew nothing, this afternoon I managed to instal php 7.4 via CLI (although It's already installed in the control panel, so i don't get why I had to do that again?) but now I have to install these extensions and I really haven't got a scooby how to do it, I searched countless help files, untold forums and maybe I was searching for the wrong things but I can't find anything that guides me through this.

I am betting this is probably basix unix 101 here and I am making myself look a right plumb by asking, but a I really am stuck at this point, can anyone help?

Oh and I have new mail? where do I have new mail, how do I get that?

Clipboard01.jpg

You run the script with the vendor OS version of PHP. Plesk uses special versions of PHP for website hosting with all necessary modules included. Your site most likely uses that version of PHP instead of OS vendor PHP. You can verify this by opening the PHP settings for your site in the Plesk interface.
Therefore, you need to use the appropriate version of PHP that is specified in your website settings to run your script.
These PHP versions are located in /opt/plesk/php/<version>/bin/php
Hence your command will be if your site uses PHP7.4:

# /opt/plesk/php/7.4/bin/php generateSitemap.php

Back