• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

spamdyke for Plesk on Debian

Peter2

New Pleskian
Hi folks!
For all outthere which needs spamdyke for Plesk on Debian
together, you may test my deb-package for spamdyke:

http://peter.nameservice.mobi/download/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/spamdyke/

To use this debian mirror
add this to your
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://peter.nameservice.mobi/download/debian/ unstable main

I build all packages for my own!
If you use these packages, you do it at yor own risk! :)

gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys 096B81A8AE34B974
gpg --export -a 096B81A8AE34B974 | apt-key add -
apt-get update
apt-get install spamdyke

http://www.spamdyke.org/ is great!

Viele Gruesse,
Peter

spamdyke question

Nice effort on the package, Peter!

Have you noticed a problem with the qmail smtp icon in the Service Management section of the Plesk control panel showing qmail as not running even though it is when spamdyke is added to the xinetd startup? Any idea how to resolve it?

Best regards,
Art

Nice effort on the package, Peter!

Have you noticed a problem with the qmail smtp icon in the Service Management section of the Plesk control panel showing qmail as not running even though it is when spamdyke is added to the xinetd startup? Any idea how to resolve it?

Best regards,
Art

No.
I have here a couple servers with this setup.
No, problem in this.

Hi,
what if on inetd works ftp server and pop3 server ??
When I install spamdyke with xinetd the ftp and pop3 services stop working. There was no input in /etc/xinet.d directory for this services?

Can you help me with this ?

Hi,
what if on inetd works ftp server and pop3 server ??
When I install spamdyke with xinetd the ftp and pop3 services stop working. There was no input in /etc/xinet.d directory for this services?

Can you help me with this ?

I dont know, on mine pleskserver courier-imap works pop3, I dont need any pop3 in inetd.
For ftp plesk put normally config-files in /etc/xinet.d/ if they not exists, create them.

I dont know, on mine pleskserver courier-imap works pop3, I dont need any pop3 in inetd.
For ftp plesk put normally config-files in /etc/xinet.d/ if they not exists, create them.

Ok Sorrry - the POP works with IMAP on curier - my mistake.
poppassd stream tcp nowait/1000 root /usr/sbin/tcpd /opt/psa/admin/bin/poppassd - what's that ?? POP before SMTP ??

I've got in inet.d something like this:
ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.proftpd

It is safe to set proftpd as standalone for plesk, or I should set leave it on xinet.d ??
If I set on proftpd standalone type of server - the plesk don't change this in any time?

Edit:
OK - I found on Plesk forum how to set ftp in xinet.d.

Finaly - last question:

I've already set the spamdyke on my own. But when I turn on the greylisting, the users of my server when try to send e-mails(from remote hosts), got error "421 Your address has been Greylisted. Try again later". It looks like the spamdyke don't read the rcpthosts file. Or it is normaly? What do I wrong?

This Spamdyke package

Please let me know how this package will work on Fedora Core or Ubuntu.

As well is it any GUI ?
Is it running togheter with Spam Assasin or should others be uninstalled ?

All help needed to solve my spam problem.

Thanks!

Finaly - last question:

I've already set the spamdyke on my own. But when I turn on the greylisting, the users of my server when try to send e-mails(from remote hosts), got error "421 Your address has been Greylisted. Try again later". It looks like the spamdyke don't read the rcpthosts file. Or it is normaly? What do I wrong?

No, this temporary error is exactly what graylist does. Real servers are expected to retry again later for X times before dropping the message. A graylisted host will be allowed to send a message once it tries again after a short time. Spammers don't have all that patience, and will give up after the first failure (normally).

Please let me know how this package will work on Fedora Core or Ubuntu.

As well is it any GUI ?
Is it running togheter with Spam Assasin or should others be uninstalled ?

All help needed to solve my spam problem.

Thanks!

On Ubuntu Peter2's package should work just like it works on Debian, provided you configure the right config file (inetd or xinetd).

As for Fedora, it most likely use xinetd. I made some rpms for rhel5, but those should work on fedora/centos too. If you interested, say so and I'll provide you a link. Mine doesn't touch Plesk xinetd, you need to config your smtp(s)_psa manually.

As far as I know theres no GUI for spamdyke, all configuration must be done via console, not that it is that hard anyway.

And finally, you don't need to uninstall anything to run spamdyke, in fact having spamassassin behind spamdyke provide that extra filtering you'll probably need.

Just as a point of interest... these spamdyke packages have some "pre-configured" settings that may interfere with your user's ability to send email.

Specifically we encountered an issue where the xinetd.d/smtp_psa and smtps_psa files were limited to 3 connections from the same source IP address. This was causing weird, hard to troubleshoot, mail rejections for some customers that were getting mailing list messages.

Additionally, the blacklist_rdns file has some preset values that were also interfering with our user's ability to send attachments. They could send regular replies with zero problem but for some reason the blacklist_rnds filters were being applied to attachments (and were also bypassing the whitelist). This took us several hours to troubleshoot, and we were a little disappointed to find that that the most recent update from spamdyke was the cause of this.

Here is the list from that file:

adsl
.adsl.
broadband
.broadband.
cable
.cable.
.dial.
dialin
.dialin.
.dial-ip.
.dial-up.
.dip.
dinamic-ip
.dinamic-ip.
dsl
.dsl.
.dsl-static.
.dsl-dynamic.
.dyn.
.dynamic.
.dynamicip.
.kabel.
mobile
.mobile.
.pool.
.pools.
.ppp.
.pppoe.
.sdsl.
sdsl
.user.
.veloxzone.com.br
.virtua.com.br
.xdsl.
.xd-dynamic.

It would seem that the maintainer of the package has modified this file as it gets updated with each revision of spamdyke we install. Latest being (4.0.10-7) which contains this information.

Be warned that for some reason spamdyke parses this file when handling larger messages... I am not sure if this is a bug, or where exactly the problem lies. I would have to look at the code to be certain and I just don't have the time to fiddle with that.

I hope this helps some one else and saves them the time it took for us to track down and debug these errors.

I had in the beginning problem with TLS and SSL together,
but I could fixed it.

But I have here >100 Pleskserver running with this setup.
Till today there are no problems known.
Any feedback is welcome. :)

Back