• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question SpamExperts extension

rmj6969

New Pleskian
Looking to access SpamExperts admin panel or in the least trying to setup the Outgoing Gateway, we need to know username and password but can't find where to set this up. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

I am not sure if I fully understand your question. Did you buy a SpamExperts add-on package from the Plesk store, and didn't receive any login credentials?

Yes I did, for both incoming and outgoing. Never received any login credentials for an admin level login. All I have is domain level logins to each domain. I have it setup for incoming and it's working great, however to setup outgoing I need to know the username and password I would use with SpamExperts, I was never given a main admin panel access to edit outgoing settings. I have talked to my hosting company and with SpamExperts and with Plesk, both SpamExperts and Plesk tell me that my hosting company needs to get this info for me, but my hosting company is telling me I need to talk to one of them. Very frustrating

I see. So you do have access to the SpamExperts admin panel, just on a domain level? That sounds about right.

I am using SpamExperts for outgoing mail on a couple of servers as well. As far as I know you have to create the login credentials for outgoing mail in the SpamExperts admin panel yourself for each of the domains. Perhaps there are other methodes to do this too, but this is the methode I've used.

In the SpamExperts admin panel look for the Manage Users option under the Outgoing section. You can create a new user choosing an authenticating methode (IP, User or Domain) that best suits your setup.

Schermafbeelding 2021-02-16 om 19.43.00.png

Just out of curiosity, how are planning to setup the outgoing SpamExperts filter?

I see. So you do have access to the SpamExperts admin panel, just on a domain level? That sounds about right.

I am using SpamExperts for outgoing mail on a couple of servers as well. As far as I know you have to create the login credentials for outgoing mail in the SpamExperts admin panel yourself for each of the domains. Perhaps there are other methodes to do this too, but this is the methode I've used.

In the SpamExperts admin panel look for the Manage Users option under the Outgoing section. You can create a new user choosing an authenticating methode (IP, User or Domain) that best suits your setup.

View attachment 18382

Just out of curiosity, how are planning to setup the outgoing SpamExperts filter?
I was going to use the IP method, but if it's per domain what would be better to use?

Back