• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Spdy not working

jonny_alex

Basic Pleskian
Hello guys,

I recently ran into the problem, that my webistes won't show on certain android browsers, it showded me the error
ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY

So i did some research and it lead me to the solution to install SPDY on my CentOs server through a youtube tutorial.

As soon as i did this the problems began. I restarted the server so the spdy begins to work, then all of my pages returned with a gnix error.

I went to the backend of plesk and deactivated spdy then the other services ran again and the websites also showed again.

Now i found out that if i activated spdy nearly every other service stops working :/

Does anyone else know this issue or maybe a solution to make spdy working wouthout those problems?

Attachments

• spdy active.PNG
    spdy active.PNG
    157 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I suggest to remove the SPDY (or have it deactivated). Instead, enable HTTP/2, because for Nginx the HTTP/2 module fully replaces SPDY. It is not necessary to have an extra SPDY module to make sites run on Android browsers. Find out here how to activate HTTP/2 on your system:
HTTP/2 Support now available for Plesk 12.5!

The issue transport security issue is rather caused by wrong / outdated cipher suites. A solution for the wrong cipher suites is provided in this post:
Resolved - SSL Error

Thanks alot, so i now reset the whole server now it's obviously gone. What can i do now in the register. And how?

I don't know how to proceed and make my pages available on Android devices if not with spdy?
I've read your answer with the post but to it's not clear enough sadly
Greetings

If you do not remove spdy then update the cipher suites. Try this setting

Code:
ssl_ciphers EECDH+AESGCM+AES128:EECDH+AESGCM+AES256:EECDH+CHACHA20:EDH+AESGCM+AES128:EDH+AESGCM+AES256:EDH+CHACHA20:EECDH+SHA256+AES128:EECDH+SHA384+AES256:EDH+SHA256+AES128:EDH+SHA256+AES256:EECDH+SHA1+AES128:EECDH+SHA1+AES256:EDH+SHA1+AES128:EDH+SHA1+AES256:EECDH+HIGH:EDH+HIGH:AESGCM+AES128:AESGCM+AES256:CHACHA20:SHA256+AES128:SHA256+AES256:SHA1+AES128:SHA1+AES256:HIGH:!aNULL:!eNULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!RC4:!MD5:!PSK:!KRB5:!aECDH:!EDH+3DES;
ssl_protocols TLSv1 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

in file /etc/nginx/conf.d/ssl.conf. Restart nginx after updating the file.

I had to reset the whole server is now working without the spdy because i had teouble with it (above)

Should i try the change settings anyway?

Hello

I changed the file now and the sites will be opened now.

Big thanks to your help and kudos :)

Last edited:
Back