• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue SpeedKit Extension not allowed

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
Since Plesk 17.8.11 I see a new feature "Advisor". Under "Performance" you find "Use the SpeedKit Extension". For all european admins this extension is forbidden, because its not compatible with GDPR. So maybe plesk team should add a hint/warning to this and maybe more extensions that not compatible with GDPR.

You need a data processing contract, always when information from your visitors goes to others. Only install a extension make no data processing contract and in germany is in special cases, maybe like this one, only allowed this contract as "paper" and not digital. Example: with google analytics you must write a letter to ireland and get back a letter with the signed data processing contract. Till you not allowed to use GA on your website.

We appreciate that you are voicing your concerns. By default, however, Speed Kit will not process any cookies, credentials, or other personally identifiable information from the accelerated site. Therefore, Speed Kit is GDPR-compliant by default. More info here: Data Privacy - Baqend Guide

Quote from your linked site
Baqend has a valid Data Processing Addendum with Amazon Web Services and can therefore also close data processing agreements with customers.
Which data you in which way to process is one thing, but all customers from EU need this "data processing addendum" with you too. Which explain what happen with the data from visitors. You process/store the file itself (maybe a very private file), access-time, ip and request-url. The url can include sensitive data too. Only say you mask the ip is in my view not sufficient to take that risk.But that only my opinion.

I want not make a discuss for this, Only that maybe a hint before installing such extensions its appropriate. ;)

@plesk-Team
I missing a info/link for more information before I install this extension or extensions that only limited.
Why is here https://<domain>:8443/modules/advisor/index.php/performance for SpeedKit no link to Speed Kit extension - Plesk ?
Because its not free at all and complete confusing in this special case Buy Plesk - Plesk show me costs per domain and Pricing | Baqend costs per requests/traffic. So the plesk extension is request/traffic unlimited for domain? I'm very skeptical.

Hi again,
first, it's simply not correct that the processing addendum is mandatory for all customers from the EU; it's only required, if personally identifiable information is processed. However, we will gladly provide you with one, if you desire: Simply request the corresponding document from [email protected], sign it, and send it back.

Second, Speed Kit only caches data that is publicly visible; on a technical level, it works similar to the Google crawler and therefore does not access sensitive information such as private files. This is an important distinction to CDNs and one of the great benefits that Speed Kit has over traditional means of caching acceleration.

Third, we only store anonymized IP addresses, so that we cannot identify individual users. However, our customers are free to inform their users that data such as anonymized IP addresses are stored by a third party (namely Baqend).

We hope this resolves your concerns.

Thanks for caring,
the Baqend Team

Back