• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SPF error does not use configured "explanation text"

websavers

Regular Pleskian
We're running Plesk v12.5.30_build1205150826.19 os_CentOS 7 (Update #53) with Postfix as our MTA.

The Mail Server Settings are configured with the following:

SPF explanation text: "Your email was rejected because you are not using a server that is authorized to send mail from your domain. This is a problem with your email configuration. Please contact your email provider to learn how to fix this problem."

SPF checking is working as it should be, however messages that are rejected due to a mismatch get this bounce message:

=================
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain domain.ca by mail.domain.ca. [IP].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.7.1 Command rejected
==================

Error log says:

==================
milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE from mail-qt0-f169.google.com[209.85.216.169]: 5.7.1 Command rejected;
==================

Both the error log AND the bounce message should be giving a more descriptive error. In the error log I'd expect to see something like "SPF failure" and perhaps an indication of the mismatch that was found.

The bounce message *should* be including my "SPF explanation text:" otherwise what's the point of configuring that value in Plesk??

Please fix this.

-Jordan

As far as I know this issue has been fixed in Plesk Onyx in scope of bugreport PPP-19877.

We are receiveing tons of spam and we are interested to apply SPF spam protection.
At the moment we are using only DNSBL with sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org, nothing else
Can you post your SPF working configuration please?

Hi D4NY,

pls. do NOT hijack a thread with a complete different question to the thread topic. Pls. open a new thread on the forum... it only takes a few more seconds.

Back