• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved SPF is rejecting Spamexperts delivery servers

Dennis de Jong

New Pleskian
Dear Plesk,

An costumer of our corporation uses an externtal Spamexperts server and not the extension for Plesk. Sometimes its working just fine but the costumer says sometimes the email is rejected by the SPF on our server. The costumer do not know this but I can see this in our log file when I connect with SSH.

Code:
Jul  5 16:35:36 ds01 postfix/cleanup[11541]: 76C6CE82125: milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE from mx54.antispamcloud.com[2a00:1630:2:80a::1]: 5.7.23 SPF validation failed. Please see http://www.openspf.org/Why?id=sender%40domain.nl&ip=2a00%3a1630%3a2%3a80a%3a%3a1&[email protected] : Reason: mechanism; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mx54.antispamcloud.com>

The problem is that the SPF check is reacting on the [email protected] SPF record, he expect the *.antispamcloud.com in the [email protected] SPF record. This is not possible because every [email protected] that sends mail to this [email protected] will need the *.antispamcloud.com SPF record in their DNS settings.

I also added Spamexperts delivery.antispamcloud.com on the whitelist of Postfix (see: How To Whitelist Hosts/IP Addresses In Postfix).

This also doesn't work, I don't see any option in Plesk to add domains or wildcard domains to the whitelist so that the SPF wil bypass this domains.

Is there anything I can do because the costumer can't receive some email now because the SPF is rejecting Spamexperts on our server.

Please let me know what I can do about this problem so I can bypass SPF check for Spamexperts delivery servers.

Cheers,
Dennis de Jong

Last edited:
Dear Plesk,

I found a solution to this, adding include:delivery.antispamcloud.com to the SPF local rules in the Mail Server Settings seems to work.

KFORn2R.png

I will close this issue and turn it to resolved.

Thanks,
Dennis de Jong

Back