• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue SPF Local Rules and SPF Guess Rules

Ksech

Basic Pleskian
These are found in Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings under the SPF spam protection heading.

I'm having trouble receiving email from a particular server and I thoughtm from what little info I could find , that this might help.

I entered a domain (with a subdomain) into SPF local rules because I thought I understood that this would cause my server to NOT check the spf records from that specific domain. Instead I'm getting errors in my maillog:

Unable to set local policy: Invalid character in middle of mechanism near '.example.com'
Unable to set local policy: Failed to compile local policy 'subdomain.example.com'
SPF result: permfail

I'm trying now without the sub-domain, but that's not really what I wanted to do.

The most frustrating part of this is that I found several people asking specifically about these settings and how to use them, and every time they're referred to the Plesk documentation (which only gives a very vague and short description) OR they're given a link about how to set up their FTP records.

I've been searching for this since yesterday, and I'm usually pretty good at finding what I need. Best I can tell, there is NO documentation about how to use these settings. Am I wrong?

Well shucks. Removing the subdomain didn't work either.
So I've blanked out this entry and saved it. Still hoping to find out how to use this, assuming it IS for skipping SPF checking for specific domains.

Back