• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Sporadically connection Problems to SMTP-Server from 1 IP

F

FabVol

Hi,

We have some issues with the Mailserver from plesk. We have another Server (running a shop-system) that uses a SMTP-Mailaccount from the Server which runs Plesk. It sends various mails to internal and external mail-accounts (billing-mails, checkout confirmations, etc.). That works fine for the most time but sporadically the shop stops sending mails. The problem: It says that it can not connect to the SMTP-Server any more. A restart of the Plesk-Mailserver helps solving the problem for a while...
There are other mailaccounts running on the plesk server which are working fine even when the shop cannot connect to the mailserver any more. Connecting to the Mailserver using the same Account as the webshop but from another IP works fine, too. So it seems that the mailserver refuses/closes the connection only for the one IP from the shop-server. Is there any place I don't know of which rejects the IP perhaps in case of sendig to much mails etc?
The interesting thing: All other IPs can connect normally to the mailserver when the IP of the shop can't. And a reboot of the mailserver will fix the access from the shop-server to the mailserver for a while (sometimes a few days, sometime a few hours until it's stuck again). What can I do to stop this sporadically connection problems?

I tried to add the network of the shop-server to the whitelist already but that did not help.

System: Plesk 10.3 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64-Bit

Regards
Fabian Volmer

Back