• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

SQLServer Remote Connection With Managmanet Studio

A

AhrimanSefid2

Hi,
I have created a database on sqlserver and want to connect to my database from my remote computer(my pc) but error is the result. the error is :

TITLE: Connect to Server
------------------------------

Cannot connect to myservername\sqlexpress.

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -1)

My question is how can I connect to sql server database with managment studio from my remote computer(my local pc)? Is it possible?

Yes.
1. sql server surface configuration manager: allow remote connection through TCP/IP and name pipes should be enable.
2. setup the alias in sql browser through sql server configuration manager if you use sql browser service which is a memory hawk, if you disable it, you can connect to your sql server remotely with a port number at the end of your sql server ip address or subdomain you setup for sql server. For example, mssql.mysqlserver.com,1433. 1433 is the default port for sql server, you can always change that port.

3. For security reason, please change "sa" default root username to something else after you login through management studio.

4. Do not forget to open port that you use to connect to sql server on your firewall

Back