• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue SRS and Gmail Autoreply sent through Plesk Onyx

Ben Glick

New Pleskian
I am having a problem with autoreplies not being forwarded properly. I have an email address, [email protected]. Emails from this address are sent through SMTP on Plesk as [email protected]. Then there is a forwarder from [email protected] to [email protected]. Regular emails are sent and received without a problem.

When my out of office message is on, I get bounce backs. For example, an email came in from [email protected]. Strangely, the email was addressed to <[email protected]>. Obviously this fails because [email protected] is not a correct address. The full error message is: <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table.

I found someone with a similar issue here: SRS and autoreply on gmail However, that fix was for cpanel, and not Plesk. The solution at the bottom was to "implement a reverse-path SRS redirect router", but that was for exim and not Postfix. Is this the same issue, and how would something similar be done on Plesk?

Back