• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue SSH Access impossible

jonny_alex

Basic Pleskian
I changed the port on my plesk server following the instructions of the page here

But now i can't access my server through putty anymore, what can i do to reaccess again?

First thing would be to check if you've not accidentally got your own IP banned. Search if your own IP isn't listed in fail2ban. Secondly make sure the new Port is also allowed by the Plesk firewall and (if applicable) your providers firewall.

I checked all of those but i couldn't find any banned or blocked IP, my Server simply denies the access to root.. Even if i try to login through ftp...

I can only access through administrator wich doesn't have as many rights..

That sounds like a whole other problem. So you do have SSH access, but not as the root user?
I'm sorry if i provided misinformation, i have ftp access with admin user but if i try to access ftp with the root user this isn't possible either

If i fire up putty and enter my domain and the port i changed it to: Access denied, old port isnt working...

I also changed the firewall and the fail2ban

Which firewall has been changed? Could there be another one in front of the server, for example in your datacenter?

Back